Fair Trade Cotton T-shirt - Eat Money
Based on a North American Cree comment on the environment and materialism, our Eat Money t-shirt has been one of our most popular designs and sadly we only have one size left in this range.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river been poisoned and the last fish been caught will we realise we cannot eat money.
Fair Trade cotton Size: Chest Length
82cm 53cm (back of collar to hem)
All our t-shirts are made from 200gsm interlock fabric, designed to last much longer than ordinary t-shirts.
About this product: Benefits for you:
- You'll be more content knowing the producers and the planet have been treated well.
- Your cotton goods are free of allergy-causing toxic pesticides and insecticides.
- You'll enjoy top quality goods from the expert Indian craftspeople at Rajlakshmi.
Benefits for the producers and the planet:
- Organic clothing production means no toxic pesticides and insecticides are used in cotton growing. That means better health and less debt for the Indian farming families.
- Traditional cotton growing uses about 60% of all toxic chemicals used in India, so moving to organic production makes a huge difference.
- The organic cotton growing is certified by the Global Organic Textile Standard.
- The Chetna Organic Farmers Association is registered by FLO-International (Fairtrade Labelling Organizations International) which ensures a fair price and conditions for the farmers.
T- Cotton spinning is done in a factory that is ILO (International Labour Organization) compliant and also ISO 9001:2000 (quality management) certified.
- The factories producing the final products are meeting all ILO requirements for their workforces (in fact they do better than ILO requirements, for example by providing primary and secondary education for the workers' children, and a revolving loan scheme for workers).
- Whenever dyes are used the organic fabric dyeing process is GOTS certified In brief our project partners at Rajlakshmi Cotton Mills and the Chetna Organic Famers Association are working very hard to ensure that conditions in the entire production chain exceed the goals of the Clean Clothes.