Fair Trade Cotton T-shirt - Lemmings
Think before you leap 'Huckleberry Finn' was the young boy who believed in doing the right thing even when most people believed that it was wrong. Mark Twain's words of advice to the lemmings of the world, 'Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect', soulfully penned by British cartoonist Tom Morgan-Jones.
About this product: Size Chest Length = back of collar to hem
Female Small 82cm 53cm
Female Large 100cm 65cm
Men XL - loose fit 124cm 81cm
Benefits for you: - You'll be more content knowing the producers and the planet have been treated well.
- Your cotton goods are free of allergy-causing toxic pesticides and insecticides.
- You'll enjoy top quality goods from the expert Indian craftspeople at Rajlakshmi.
Benefits for the producers and the planet:
- Organic clothing production means no toxic pesticides and insecticides are used in cotton growing. That means better health and less debt for the Indian farming families.
- Traditional cotton growing uses about 60% of all toxic chemicals used in India, so moving to organic production makes a huge difference
. - The organic cotton growing is certified by the Global Organic Textile Standard.
- The Chetna Organic Farmers Association is registered by FLO-International (Fairtrade Labelling Organizations International) which ensures a fair price and conditions for the farmers. T
- Cotton spinning is done in a factory that is ILO (International Labour Organization) compliant and also ISO 9001:2000 (quality management) certified.
- The factories producing the final products are meeting all ILO requirements for their workforces (in fact they do better than ILO requirements, for example by providing primary and secondary education for the workers' children, and a revolving loan scheme for workers)
. - Whenever dyes are used the organic fabric dyeing process is GOTS certified In brief our project partners at Rajlakshmi Cotton Mills and the Chetna Organic Famers Association are working very hard to ensure that conditions in the entire production chain exceed the goals of the Clean Clothes Organic Fair Trade cotton, soft blue.
All our t-shirts are made from 200gsm interlock fabric, designed to last much longer than ordinary t-shirts.